Stained glass windows are rather magical. The shapes and colours are not just beautiful to look at but also create special effects when the sun shines through them. During this course you’ll learn the principles of the craft by making 3 small windows, one practice window, one with straight lines and one using round shapes. It provides a solid base from which to develop your own designs. You will learn to cut, break and sand glass, and how to draw designs on glass, use pattern shears and work economically with various glasses, setting it in lead, soldering, sealing and patinating.
Since this course is mixed Dutch/English, please book your ticket on the Dutch site.
- Duration: 6 evenings in 6 weeks (6×3 hours) from 19.00h to 22.00h. Note: no course during school holidays unless otherwise specified.
- Goal: Introduction to the traditional art of stained glass setting.
- Target group: People who want to get started with making stained glass windows themselves.
- Level: BASIC-advanced-expert.
- Content of the 6 weeks course, per evening:
- 1st: Explanation & practice on glass cutting & breaking. Making a trial window.
- 2nd: Explanation about glueing & soldering, glass types, colors & patterns. Starting 2nd window: selecting colors, cutting it to size and explanation on use of the Morton board.
- 3rd: Continuing making 2nd window.
- 4th: finishing and soldering window.
- 5th Starting on the 3rd window with curved/slanted glass.
- 6th finish 3rd window.
- Teacher: Sodis Vita.
- Form: 6 to 8 persons.
- Machines: Various hand tools.
- Peculiarities: including materials.