Wood used to be worked by hand with a wooden marking gauge, handsaw, hammer, chisel and plane – simple tools that can produce amazing results in expert hands. During this course you will first be introduced to the block plane, then you will learn to work with saw, hammer and chisel to make your own wooden hammer and develop a feel for this beautiful natural product. On this page we have put some links to instructional videos from an English carpenter.
- Duration: 5 evenings in 5 weeks (5×3 hours) from 7.00 pm to 10.00 pm. No course during school vacations.
- Goal: Introduction into the possibilities of traditional woodworking.
- Target group: People who want to learn the basic skills for manual woodworking.
- Level: BASIC-advanced-expert.
- Content per evening:
- Measuring & marking + planing
- Sawing + half-timber connection
- Knowledge about wood + sludge connection
- Blind pin and hole connection
- Piercing pin and hole connection + finishing
- Teacher: Michiel Kroon or Tonny Yang
- Form: 6 to 8 persons.
- Machines: marking gauge, handsaw, hammer, chisel and plane.
- Peculiarities: including materials.