Get started with professional machines
The location for craft courses in Amsterdam
It’s wonderful to see how quickly wood forms shapes under your hands on the lathe: think candlesticks, chair legs, chess pieces, wheels, pulleys, ornamental finials, spindles and wooden hammers for example. This course focuses on lathe cutting techniques, but it also looks at scraping techniques, tools, suitable woods, lathing profiles, finishing and, of course, safety. Once you get the taste and the hang of woodturning, you probably won’t be able to stop. (Note: Please bring your own lunch).
- Goal: Learning woodturning on a lathe.
- Target group: People who want to make round shapes in wood.
- Level: BASIC-advanced-expert.
- Duration: 1 afternoon (4 hours) from 13.00h to 17.00h.
- Content: Getting to know the basic techniques of turning between the centers, the use of the tools and applications.
- Teacher: Unknown.
- Form: 3 to 4 persons.
- Machines: lathe and chisels.
- Peculiarities: including materials, excluding lunch.