Reservation and payment
- Prices on the website are including 21% VAT.
Registration for a course and (online) payment are possible via the website of de Openbare Werkplaats (OWP) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and payment by bank transfer to IBAN:
- IBAN: NL14INGB0000700399
- Account holder: De Openbare Werkplaats
- Reference the course name or code, start date and participant name.
- If the course fee is paid via bank transfer, the amount needs to be in above mentioned account ultimately 14 days prior to the start or taking place of the course.
- Private or tailormade courses can be requested by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
Cancellation and refund
- Cancelling with a full refund is possible up to 14 days before the start or taking place of the course and will cost 25,- (administrative fee).
- If enrollment is cancelled within 14 days before the start of the course, a refund will be denied. However, booking of a spot on the next available course is possible for 50% of the course fee.
- OWP has the right to cancel a course if there are not enough enrollments and will communicate this ultimately a week prior to the start or taking place of the course.
- If the OWP needs to cancel a course due to a lack of enrollments, illness of the teacher or another calamity, we will immediately inform the student and offer a move to another start date or a full refund.
- If a course has been cancelled by the OWP and the student has accepted a new start date, terms 1 to 4 apply.
- If the student is unable to attend part of the course, for example due to illness, the OWP is not obligated to offer compensation for the missed class(es).
- The starting point for each course is to learn how to safely manage and operate machinery, equipment and electrical or hand tools.
- Within each course we strive to accommodate individual wishes and needs. Because of the small groups there is room for this and there is also hardly any waiting time at the machines.
- Materials are not always included in the course fee, feel free to check with us if you are unsure. We will definitely provide practice material.
- If you are unable to finish your project during the course, you can always come back to work on it independently by renting work space.
- A course usually does not cover everything you need to know about a certain skill or technique. We therefore recommend honing your skills by coming to work at the Openbare WerkPlaats once you’ve mastered the basics. There is always someone on hand to answer questions and give advice.
- The minimum age of students is 18 years. If you are younger please contact us to see if we can accommodate. The presence of the parent or a guardian during the course is mandatory for minors, due to insurance reasons.
- Group courses take place in the evenings between 7 and 10 p.m. if not specified otherwise. We expect students to be there on time (15 minutes early for the first evening) and to help clean up the materials used at the end of each evening.
- Wearing suitable clothing appropiate for the nature of your course is mandatory. We will provide eye and ear protection where and when necessary. Wearing sandals or slippers is strictly forbidden. We recommend sturdy shoes. Loose fitting clothing and loose long hair are also forbidden for your own safety. We advise against wearing synthetic clothing because of fire hazard during courses that involve fire: welding, blacksmithing, bronze casting and metal working.
- Our House Rules apply during the course. You need to agree to these rules, made available to you before the start of your course, by reading and signing them.
- Coffee, tea and lemonade are included. Please bring your own lunch for the day courses or snacks since there is no supermarket or restaurant nearby.
- You do not need prior knowledge to attend our courses, except for specific follow-up courses.
- Our courses do not lead to official recognition or diplomas.
- We can provide you with a certificate.